Are you a self-motivated individual with the ability to learn new things?
Here at Lindal Valve you will be a part of a maintenance team providing breakdown services on the LINDAL Valve premises based in Leighton Buzzard.
You will become a part of an established team who will focus on proactive maintenance who have a key focus on reducing engineering downtime and improving overall productivity. You will be required to work alone on small tasks, as well as working within a team on larger projects with predetermined deadlines.
We are looking for individuals with a positive attitude as we believe our ‘values’ help us achieve our personal and company goals, you be required to work with and understand the diverse equipment in our engineering team use on daily basis.
Shift Pattern : Monday to Friday
10:00pm until 6:00am
Roles and responsibilities
- Engineering Maintenance and fault finding on advanced industrial machinery; including, but not limited to, Injection Moulding machines and assembly lines.
- Trouble shooting on PLC and Drive systems.
- Ensuring all work is carried out in a safe and compliant manner.
- Working on a Night shift pattern, as part of a maintenance team providing 24hour, 7-day breakdown services for a busy manufacturing site.
- Ability to use CMMS system for maintenance purposes.
- Working within teams and encouraging correct behaviours;
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge of OHSE legislation and taking the necessary steps to ensure Engineering compliance;
- Completing the necessary risk assessments for each job;
- Challenging co-workers who are not working safely;
- Promoting the use of the near miss system;
- Carrying out behavioural audits;
- Always working in a safe manner and reporting unsafe conditions:
- Identifying and implementing Engineering solutions that will minimise Waste production;
- Working closely with Operational teams to support Waste improvement programmes
Qualifications and requirements
- Time served Industrial Electrician
- Experience in an Industrial engineering environment
- ONC minimum
- Relevant equipment specific training courses, (Plc’s, drives etc)
- Computer literate
- Some regulatory and legislative knowledge, including OHSE
- Ability to work alone and as part of a small team.
- Experience of working on DC, and AC systems up to 600V.
- Engineering knowledge of Injection Moulding Machine (Essential) and Assembly lines;(desirable but not essential)
- Understanding of Continuous Improvement / Operational Excellence tools and techniques.
- Experience of Operational Engineering within a Manufacturing environment; Preferably FMGC
The above positions pay a competitive remuneration. Additional benefits include appropriate shift and overtime premiums, attendance bonus, competitive holiday allowance, canteen facilities, pension contributions, life assurance, optional Health cash plan membership & free parking.
If you are interested in this position, please apply via email including a cover letter and CV.
About Lindal Valve
Lindal Valve Ltd has been operating in Leighton Buzzard since 1980. The company provides expertise in high volume production of high precision technical moulded products. Our success is based upon creating high value return for our customers, through the generation of innovative, technically advanced solutions. The continued strength of our business requires operation.
Lindal Valve Limited is a member of Lindal Group. LINDAL Group manufactures valves, actuators and spray caps for different kinds of aerosol products. Being an international group of companies, we also offer a range of services around our products.