In 2018 Lindal North America opened its new, state-of-the-art, 100,000-square foot facility in Columbus, Indiana that will further benefit customers in the fast-growing U.S. market.
This expandable facility is a key component of Lindal Group’s over $20 million investment committed for the U.S. market last year, which includes production, offices, laboratories and warehousing, all on the same industrial campus. To increase capacity and expand the aerosol leader’s product portfolio, Lindal invested in new injection moulding machines (IMM), Bag on Valve (BOV) and standard valve lines, various high speed assembly cells and a number of key customer specific programmes.
Lindal North America has operated a production facility in Columbus since 2008. Columbus is a city in and the county seat of Bartholomew County, Indiana, United States. The population was 44,061 at the 2010 census. In its built environment, the relatively small city has provided a unique place for noted Modern architecture and public art, commissioning numerous works since the mid-20th century. Located about 40 mi (64 km) south of Indianapolis, on the east fork of the White River, it is the state’s 20th-largest city. It is the principal city of the Columbus, Indiana metropolitan statistical area, which encompasses all of Bartholomew County.
- Assist the qualification of new products (Valves, actuators, inserts, new packaging materials, etc.) at customer level
- Support the sales team by defining and agreeing valve, BOV and actuator specifications with customers
- Control and management of filling process for all Lindal products
- Assist in laboratory tests, analysis of results and conclusions: measurements of components from pilot mold, components/material in qualification process, compatibility test, valve/actuator performances, market products analysis
Roles and responsibilities
- Provide sales support for customer visits and develop technical expertise on aerosol technologies.
- Ensure detailed specifications and briefs are passed on to Laboratory for work, coding and subsequent customer approval
- Support the new business bid proposal process by identifying specification and test needs for any future installations
- Ensure that all components and materials used in the manufacture of Lindal products comply with latest legislation and to seek out alternatives and arrange of trials/approvals to be carried out in a timely manner
- Work on training sessions and presentations on aerosol technologies for existing and future customers and internal training requirements
- Maintain standard specification database, keeping to a minimum manageable range
- Analysis and qualification of new material (physic-chemical analysis, compatibility trials, initial /industrial stamping/molding/assembly trials, performances measurements, etc …) using measurement devices (3D measurement, profile projector, micrometers), lab mixtures, compression test device (Zwick/roell device) according to the specification and the current aerosol legislation
- Run laboratory tests: spray performance, particle size measurement (using Malvern device), discharge rate, capping/de-capping force (Zwick/roell device)
- Partner with the R&D Centre and the manufacturing department to ensure industrialization and accompany projects through to commercialization in the most effective way
- Interact with the other departments to maintain a coherent approach to projects
- Assist product and filling qualification through new protocol and processes according to the effective aerosol legislation and customer protocol demands
- Support the installation of a housekeeping agenda where it becomes part of the culture of the day to day activities
- Guidance, monitoring and correction of any staff deviation related to Environment, Health and Safety
- Understanding and accomplishment of all rules and procedures related to Safety and BRC
Qualifications and requirements
Network and Links:
- Internal and External Interactions
- Lindal GIC (Global Innovation Centre)
- All R&D Centre Departments and Technical Centres within the group
- All local operation departments
- Customers R&D Teams, and Project Managers
- Other Lindal production sites
- Key Account Managers
- Filling line manufacturers
- Aerosol Organizations, etc …
- Distinctive Aspects: Work on several simultaneous projects per year
- Educated to degree level in chemistry or in physical measurement
- Recognized management qualification (e.g. CMS, DMS, MBA) are desirable/advantageous
- Minimum of 2 years in a similar role in technical/aerosol industry specialism.
- Product and process design…
- Proven analytical and decision-making skills.
- Legal and industry requirements
- Project Management
- Natural tendency to be creative, innovative, eager to find and learn new ways to do things or skills related to the aerosol industry to help solve problems in the job
- High maturity level, execution driven, positive “CAN DO“ attitude, well developed team work skills and sense of urgency, high proactivity level
- Good organizational skills as well as written and oral communication skills
- Transparent and honest
- Active/pro-active on all levels, passive or indifferent attitudes are not desired
- Likely to be a person who is moving into a senior role and has the energy and enthusiasm to make this move a real success
Spanish, German or French (desired)