The primary purpose of the Quality Engineer is to assure quality throughout the manufacturing process, from supply chain to customer acceptance by defect prevention through effective problem analysis and implementation of corrective action.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead and/or participate in the risk assessment, FMEA, control plan and production control documents
- Assist new product launches through FAT, IQ/OQ/PQ (SAT) – traveling to the vendor and/or customer sites as required.
- Own the customer complaint process, both internal and external
- Lead and/or facilitate corrective action, 5-Why / 8D / A3 / etc.
- Investigate and resolve daily quality issues through the QRQC process
- Maintain detailed reports of problem-solving process
- Participate in continual improvement/lean projects as lead, and/or, team member
- Contribute to the positive development of personnel, internal and external
- Provide training to operators regarding quality related documents/procedures
- Interact with all departments as a constructive cross functional team member
- Support, and/or, lead internal and external quality systems audits, BRC and ISO quality systems
- Aid QA Tech with Supply Chain issues (component rejection/development) as issues evolve
Qualifications and requirements
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- Detailed understanding of the APQP process and implementation
- Knowledge of gauges and inspection/measuring equipment
- Experience in SPC, data collection and analysis
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral
LINDAL Group provides the technique inside and the design of aerosols as industries world market leader. Established in 1959 and never ceasing to innovate, LINDAL has become one of the global market leaders in aerosol technology. Our products range from clean-room produced asthma inhalers to silicone dispensing systems and premium deodorant actuators. Based in Europe we serve our customers all over the world also from our plants in the USA, Mexico, Brazil and Argentina.
In 2018 Lindal North America opened its new, state-of-the-art, 100,000-square foot facility in Columbus, Indiana that will further benefit customers in the fast-growing U.S. market.
This expandable facility is a key component of Lindal Group’s over $20 million investment committed for the U.S. market last year, which includes production, offices, laboratories and warehousing, all on the same industrial campus. To increase capacity and expand the aerosol leader’s product portfolio, Lindal invested in new injection moulding machines (IMM), Bag on Valve (BOV) and standard valve lines, various high speed assembly cells and a number of key customer specific programmes.
Lindal North America has operated a production facility in Columbus since 2008. Columbus is a city in and the county seat of Bartholomew County, Indiana, United States. The population was 44,061 at the 2010 census. In its built environment, the relatively small city has provided a unique place for noted Modern architecture and public art, commissioning numerous works since the mid-20th century. Located about 40 mi (64 km) south of Indianapolis, on the east fork of the White River, it is the state’s 20th-largest city. It is the principal city of the Columbus, Indiana metropolitan statistical area, which encompasses all of Bartholomew County.