Aerosol valve and aerosol actuator project engineer. Plan, direct, and coordinate projects that include activities for the initial concepts for a product through the activities needed to launch the project into production, to ensure on-time completions within budget. The job will also include internal infrastructure additions, 3D CAD modeling, and potential addition to existing structure. Projects include planning, design, plant layout, and management of injection molded parts assembled in customer designed and built high speed assembly equipment. Project positive attitude while establishing effective professional relationships.
Roles and responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works as a liaison / design engineer with our customers while coordinating activities with the global design center in Europe.
- After the project has achieved a design freeze the activity will change to project engineer to launch the project in production.
- Interact with production personnel to define and solve manufacturing/design issues and implement cost reduction ideas with regard to company products.
- Perform liaison function between engineering and all manufacturing operations for any related issues, problems or improvements.
- Work with the quality department to define problem areas and implement product improvements based on customer conforming/non-conforming concerns.
- Participate in engineering and general design review as required.
- Prepare proposal documentation. (Cost Models, Budgetary Quotes, etc.)
- Interact with customers on engineering design and any questions/problems they may have.
- Interact with vendors concerning parts they supply or propose to supply to company.
- Coordinate as required with internal groups including purchasing, quality control, sales, production, accounting personnel, risk management, and assembly.
- Manage budgets, manpower, expenses, and costs to complete.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
- Issue and negotiate RFI’s and Change Orders.
- Ability to think critically, be proactive and a self-starter.
- Follow-up and follow through on each portion of the project is essential.
- Be able to write Standard Operating Procedures clearly and concisely.
- Adhere to all contractual requirements.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor of engineering degree or equivalent
- Four or more years of related experience
- Experience managing projects from $1M to $7M
- Architectural specialties design, installation methods and material knowledge
- Technical Capacity
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Strategic Thinking
- Occasional International and Domestic Travel
About Lindal North America:
In 2018 Lindal North America opened its new, state-of-the-art, 100,000-square foot facility in Columbus, Indiana that will further benefit customers in the fast-growing U.S. market.
This expandable facility is a key component of Lindal Group’s over $20 million investment committed for the U.S. market last year, which includes production, offices, laboratories and warehousing, all on the same industrial campus. To increase capacity and expand the aerosol leader’s product portfolio, Lindal invested in new injection moulding machines (IMM), Bag on Valve (BOV) and standard valve lines, various high speed assembly cells and a number of key customer specific programmes.
Lindal North America has operated a production facility in Columbus since 2008. Columbus is a city in and the county seat of Bartholomew County, United States. The population was 44,061 at the 2010 census. In its built environment, the relatively small city has provided a unique place for noted Modern architecture and public art, commissioning numerous works since the mid-20th century. Located about 40 mi (64 km) south of Indianapolis, on the east fork of the White River, it is the state’s 20th-largest city. It is the principal city of the Columbus, Indiana metropolitan statistical area, which encompasses all of Bartholomew County.