We are looking for a recent graduate with a degree in Mechanical Engineering, ideally with a focus on consumer-oriented packaging products. This exciting new role will support the ongoing growth and expansion of Lindal’s global business. Successful candidates will have the flexibility to travel, meet with customers, understand consumer product needs and have the drive and motivation to lead new product development projects from design through to manufacture.
Requirements & Competencies:
- Well-developed Project Management Skills (the capacity to work on 5 to 10 projects per year)
- CAD/CAM platform drawing experience (familiar with main software packages Solid Works, IDEAS®, Moldflow etc)
- Knowledge of the aerosol industry and associated products would be highly beneficial but not essential as training will be provided
- Experience in the design and development of consumer packaging products (e.g. cosmetic, pharmaceutical, would be an advantage)
- To be conversant in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel, and project management software is essential
- Data rational and good numeracy skills are required
- A natural ability to be creative, innovative, eager to learn and find new ways to do things or acquire new skills related to the aerosol industry to help solve problems and find solutions
- A high level of maturity, and an initiative taker with a positive “CAN DO” attitude and well-developed team working skills
- A willingness to travel, when required, to meet customers, suppliers and GIC colleagues
- A proactive hands-on personal style with high levels of responsiveness to internal and external customers
- A good communicator, well organised, self-motivated and collaborative in approach
- Able to operate across a broad range of multiple, internal and external interfaces, including customer project managers, the technical department from manufacturing sites, key account managers within the Group, as well as filling line manufacturers, suppliers and aerosol organisations
- Likely to be an ambitious person who sees themselves moving into a senior position and possessing the energy and enthusiasm necessary to make this role a real success
- Experience of successful work in an international culture
- Having the continuous will to drive improvements that challenge existing practices and procedures and able to propose alternative solutions
Education and Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or/and a master’s degree in packaging engineering with a focus on materials science
Key Accountabilities and Objectives after the 12-month secondment:
- To propose, design and develop new or improved valve, actuator and other dispensing product designs that meet unmet customer needs.
- To translate customer requirements into detailed product requirements and specifications.
- To interact with all departments within the GIC to maintain a coherent approach to projects.
- To work in and lead project teams in accordance with internal processes and procedures.
- To collaborate with local technical departments at the manufacturing site to drive successful New Product industrialisation and commercialisation projects using the most effective and timely means.
- To work closely with sales and marketing teams to understand customer and market requirements.
- To keep up-to-date on the latest technologies from suppliers, customers and competitors to provide cost-saving and innovation opportunities.
- To qualify new products according to the specifications and the effective aerosol legislation.
- To organise the search for new technologies based on technical targets of new projects.
- You will be a technical expert who provides product training to personnel joining Lindal Brazil.
- To gain knowledge of all activities throughout the business via job training opportunities.