The Process Technician is responsible for the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, modification and continuous improvement of moulding processes and equipment.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Key role in assisting the complete validation of new and existing equipment – including acceptance trials, debugging and validation of new equipment and tools.
- Maintenance of moulding equipment at optimal performance levels in accordance with the highest engineering standards.
- Specific fine tuning of moulding equipment to improve and increase output.
- Reducing downtime and waste.
- Maintaining good housekeeping in the moulding area.
- Analysis of customer complaints and internal quality issues and development of improvement programmes for equipment to eliminate these defects being produced.
- Assistance in the training of technicians/apprentices as required.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Time served or Polymer experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ industrial experience preferably in a regulated industry and experience of injection moulding.
- Ideally candidates should hold the National Craft Certificate and/or relevant 3rd level qualification preferably coupled with relevant further training courses and qualifications.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer literacy would be advantageous
- The ability to work as part of a team and on own initiativ
- Good attendance record is essential
Core Competencies for the role:
- Risk Management and Assessment – A process of taking action to evaluate health and safety risks in order to minimize threats to the company and its employees.
- Flexibility – This shows your ability to adapt to whatever changes that happen in a company without losing focus on your goals. This also includes your ability to apply your knowledge to your new circumstances.
- Evaluation – This shows your ability to evaluate according to standard methodologies and policies.
- Analytical Thinking – This refers to your ability to apply logic to solve problems and to get the job done.
- Forward Thinking – This refers to your ability to anticipate consequences of situations or implications of certain actions, and the to respond appropriately.
The above positions pay a competitive remuneration. Additional benefits include appropriate shift and overtime premiums, performance and attendance bonus, flexible holidays, complimentary canteen facilities, subsidised Gym and Swimming Club Membership.
If you are interested in this position, please apply via email including a cover letter and CV.
About Litec Moulding Limited:
Litec Moulding Ltd has been operating in Sligo since 2000. The company provides expertise in high volume production of high precision technical moulded products. Our success is based upon creating high value return for our customers, through the generation of innovative, technically advanced solutions. The continued strength of our business requires a 7-day week operation.
Litec Moulding Limited is a member of Lindal Group. LINDAL Group manufactures valves, actuators and spray caps for different kinds of aerosol products. Being an international group of companies, we also offer a range of services around our products.