In 2018 Lindal North America opened its new, state-of-the-art, 100,000-square foot facility in Columbus, Indiana that will further benefit customers in the fast-growing U.S. market.
This expandable facility is a key component of Lindal Group’s over $20 million investment committed for the U.S. market last year, which includes production, offices, laboratories and warehousing, all on the same industrial campus. To increase capacity and expand the aerosol leader’s product portfolio, Lindal invested in new injection moulding machines (IMM), Bag on Valve (BOV) and standard valve lines, various high speed assembly cells and a number of key customer specific programmes.
Lindal North America has operated a production facility in Columbus since 2008. Columbus is a city in and the county seat of Bartholomew County, Indiana, United States. The population was 44,061 at the 2010 census. In its built environment, the relatively small city has provided a unique place for noted Modern architecture and public art, commissioning numerous works since the mid-20th century. Located about 40 mi (64 km) south of Indianapolis, on the east fork of the White River, it is the state’s 20th-largest city. It is the principal city of the Columbus, Indiana metropolitan statistical area, which encompasses all of Bartholomew County.
This position is to lead the reorganization of the Technical Department into an Engineering Department incorporating new product and process development support, process optimization/improvement and environment functions, as well as assets maintenance.
The jobholder has the responsibility on investments for manufacturing machinery, tooling and other production equipment according to the principle that they have to be based on “right-sizing” to achieve optimal flexibility for minimum investment and to reduce risk of write-off losses due to changes in demand patterns and/or technology, whilst at the same time capitalizing on advantages available from new technologies.
The jobholder maintains and directs a team of highly qualified employees and provides project participation to support both Lindal North America and Lindal Group activities.
The Jobholder interfaces with other members of Lindal Group Management Team on a daily basis to coordinate.
Roles and responsibilities
- Act as Strategic Manager Trainee of multiple technologies
- Development and implementation of the necessary systems, procedures and protocols ensuring that they meet and adhere to Quality Management System and Design Control requirements
- Compliance with all the regulations governing and the maintenance of effective Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality systems
- Development and implementation of complete asset management system including maintenance functions
- Support daily operation with the Engineering team aiming the optimization of the production output through technology leverage
- Identification and selection of best value technologies
- Preparation of annual operational and capital expenditure budgets
- Management of agreed budgets, hiring, day to day management, project resourcing etc
- Delivery of profitable on time product/project launch
- Prioritizes and drives execution of multiple complex department projects. Sponsors and supports value improvement in the operation
- Ensure the efficient and timely transfer of process knowledge from project personnel to manufacturing engineers and coordinates the training of production team members on new processes and equipment
- Establishes and supports a work environment of continuous improvement that supports our customer’s quality policy
- Initiates cross-functional partnerships to identify and resolve production/engineering issues
- Managerial, leadership and employee development, ensuring adequate training is provided to satisfy all operational and health and safety requirements
Qualifications and requirements
Leadership Competences Required
- Ability to think and act strategically
- Strong drive to obtain results.
- Desire to build organisational capability.
- Commands respect for self and Lindal North America
Technical Skills & Qualifications
- Technically astute, numerate and possessing excellent analytical ability
- A highly confident team player with a quality focused approach and an innovative approach to problem solving demonstrating a “Right first time” approach and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills dealing with people and situations at all levels
- Organised, highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic individual with a goal focused attitude and able to work effectively with other functional areas
- The candidate will demonstrate expertise in project management
- The candidate will possess strong competencies in resources management in a complex demanding environment gained from experience in high volume manufacturing environment
- Strong People Management Skills, written and verbal communication skills along with effective presentation skills
- Knowledge of latest plastic injection mould tool, metal stamping and automation technology
- A proven knowledge of technology deployment
- Possess a good understanding and application of, quality PSW/PPAP/APQP, lean principles
- Measures effectiveness and has a strong business and financial acumen
- The candidate must possess a minimum of Degree in Engineering together with at least 5 years’ within manufacturing environment at a senior level
Successful Candidate will demonstrate
- Strong and thorough understanding of project management, assembly automation, plastic injection moulding and metal stamping
- Demonstrated experience in creating, developing and executing short and long-term strategic plans and effective implementation across cross functional businesses
- Demonstrated ability to build, communicate and execute a vision for strategic and operational change and will also possess excellent interpersonal and communication/presentation skills
- Ability to lead business initiatives to drive growth and profitability in the business
- Proven ability and successful track record of leading projects, engineering operations, and delivering quantitative & qualitative results
- Accomplished in meeting and exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Successful experience working in a complex organization with multiple, geographically diverse locations
- Willingness to travel
- Can get others on board and is engaged and committed to objectives; can overcome resistance
- Expertise in budget management and driving year over year improvement of financial metrics